20 November 2012

Awesome, Cheap, and Effective!! ヾ(^∇^)

What I'm talking about is the sugar and coffee scrub Errica makes for me!  If you've forgotten who she is, she's my friend and room mate!!


Adorable, isn't she? (^-^*)

Anyway, this scrub is cheap, natural, and effective!  All you need is honey, lemon juice, coffee (instant coffee is okayy, too), and of course finely ground sugar!
Uses for each ingredient:
Honey-moisturizer (moisturizers, of course, makes the skin look plump and young and prevents wrinkles)
Lemon Juice-skin brightener and oil reducer (the honey, previously mentioned, will keep skin moisturized instead of oily--lemon juice is very drying to skin but is beneficial if combined with the right ingredients, i.e. honey)
Coffee Grounds-anti aging, wrinkle prevention (the coffee grounds contain caffeine, which is an anti aging agent... it also helps to grow and thicken hair [if put on the scalp, of course] and can also aid in weight loss!  Caffeine speeds up digestion, therefore, you get less bloating!  Speeding up digestion also means you become hungry faster, eating often speeds up metabolism.  You just have to be careful to not over eat... eat small healthy snacks often [apples, bananas, granola bars, etc.])
Sugar-Exfoliant, moisturizer, and cellulite reducer (I've read that sugar reduces cellulite, however I'm not sure how true that one is! haha so you may wanna look that one up on your own)
The scrub is good for your face, body, hands, and lips!  I love using this stuff for my lips, my lips get so dry if they aren't constantly moisturized throughout the day. o.o




I hope you enjoyed this little easy, home-made scrub tip! (^-^*)

If you guys like this sort of thing, let me know!  Errica and I know quite a few recipes for home-made beauty products!

3 comments:

  1. I must try this!!! OwO does it matter how much of each ingredient to put in? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm glad you're excited about it! Haha
      There are no specific measurements ^-^'
      Put a lot of sugar! Perhaps 2 or 3 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of instant coffee or coffee grounds, and maybe about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
      It should be really thick and not very runny. :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll definitely be trying this out!! <3

      Delete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com