17 September 2012

Egg Drop Ramen Pictorial! (^o^)/

Hi everyone!

Today I have something quick and easy to show you! (^o^)/ A simple ramen recipe!
First things, first!
You'll need a pack of your favorite instant ramen!
I chose Indomie brand, and the flavor is chicken curry.  I got this from my local Asian Market.
And now that you've got your ramen!  Put the noodles into a pot of boiling water!

While you're waiting for your ramen to cook, pick out a few vegetables you like and one large egg.

Personally, I like scallions and snow peas in my ramen!  Scallions have a semi-strong flavor, it isn't anything to worry about even if you don't like onions, because scallions don't taste like your typical onion!  I even love putting scallions in my fried rice! (I'm eventually going to do a pictorial on how to do that as well! ^-^)

Rinse your vegetables well.

And chop them up into small pieces.  (I apologize for the picture being so dark!  Forgive me!(ToT)

Make your way back to your noodles, when they're about halfway cooked (or almost completely cooked), pour out some of the water so the flavor won't be too diluted.  But be sure not to pour out too much if you like soupy style ramen (like I do!).

Now, pour the season packages into your pot of noodles, the Indomie brand comes with 3 flavor packets--that's why I love this brand!  I love lots of flavor!

Pour in the vegetables to cooked lightly.

Drop your egg into the pot, you drop the egg in near the end so that it won't get overcooked and hard-boiled, in my opinion, a soft boiled egg tastes much better with ramen!  So I only let the ramen/vegetable/egg combination sit on the stove for a minute, maybe even less!  Don't worry, your egg won't be dangerously undercooked.  Even after you pour your ramen into your bowl, your egg will still be cooking inside.  Be careful not to leave your ramen on the stove for too long.

While the egg cooks a little I whip out the soy sauce and only put about 2 cap-fulls in the ramen... maybe a little more, the measurements aren't concrete.

Now I'm going to heat up half of a chocolate mantou in the microwave to enjoy with my ramen!

And now, get a cup of aloe juice and the meal is complete! 

I hope you enjoyed this pictorial!  And I hope you're wishing for more! (*^▽^)/
Bai bai~

2 comments:

  1. That..... actually looks really good!! And it's really simple too, good for college budget people (like me!) I've never heard of or seen that brand of noodles but I'll find something lol, thanks for the pictorial! I'm so gonna try this at home soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is really good for a college budget! :D I'm in college too! haha
      Hmm.... Do you have an Asian Market around your area? :3 you might wanna try there!
      I'm glad you like the idea! <3

      Delete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com